Enjoy dinner in Charlottesville’s downtown mall, where the atmosphere is more relaxed and perfect for strolling between restaurants. Taste local food and drinks!
Have your own adventure! Book a private food tour.
Looking for a private or custom group tour? This is the perfect way to get a taste of Charlottesville, enjoying friends, family, or co-workers. We would love to customize a culinary experience for your group. Come be adventurous.
All tours are the same price as the regular tour except an 18% gratuity will be added automatically. A 50% non-refundable is due at the time of booking, and the rest paid 20 days before the tour date.
- Book Early for availability.
- Truly a memorable outing and activity for family, friends and other groups
- Excellent and fun team-building event for any business and employees.
- Private Group Food Tours are held rain, shine, or snow.
- Weekday private tours are generally easier to accommodate and book than weekend tours.
- Dress according to the weather and wear comfortable shoes!
- If you plan to consume alcohol, please bring a valid ID.
What to expect
- All tour details will be agreed upon ahead of time by the group organizer and Taste of Virginia Food Tours.
- Contact us early to reserve a date – use the Private Group Tour Request Form, or call or email.
- The maximum group size varies depending on the specific tour.
- Weekday private tours are generally easier to accommodate and book than weekend tours – but check with us for availability.
- Private Group Tours are held rain or shine unless unsafe conditions are expected.
Plan your private group tour
A private group food tour is the way to go! Whether you have a Corporation event, networking group, team building, or a party. This tour provides a great entertaining, worry-free afternoon of mouth-watering delicious tastings. All drinks and tastings for one price. Group of 8 to 25 people. During the middle of the week is easier to schedule with larger groups.