Looking for a private or custom group tour? We would love to customize a culinary experience for your group. This is the perfect way to get a taste of Charlottesville.
- Adult Ages 12+
- Adolescent Ages 8-11
- Child With Food Tastings Ages 7 & Under
- Child Without Food Tastings Ages 7 & Under
Charlottesville Tastings & History!
Taste of Virginia Food Tours is a culinary and history tour of Charlottesville with fun and meeting new friends. With seven different mouth-watering food samples and drinks, with a wide variety of tastings, I promise you will not leave hungry. Start your walk through historic downtown Charlottesville and finish in the area known as “Vinegar Hill.”
- A fun and memorable Charlottesville food tour, uncovering some hidden gems and where to dine later.
- Ideal for locals and visitors. A wonderful and fun way to learn the history of the city.
- Experience the best restaurants for one price.
- Meet new friends. What a great idea for a group outing!
- Private tours or public tours available.
- Dress according to the weather and wear comfortable shoes!
- If you plan to consume alcohol, please bring a valid ID.
Food Tour Stops
- Draft Taproom (425 E. Main St. Charlottesville, VA. (434) 422-5901)
The draft is a taproom on the Historic Downtown Mall with 60 beers, ciders, and wine available by the ounce through and innovative self-pouring system. Non-alcohol drinks are available.
- The Bebedero (225 W. Main St. Charlottesville, VA. (434) 234-3763)
The Chef wanted to change your mouth-watering tastings, so this stop is the mystery tasting.
- Feast! (416 W. Main St. Charlottesville, VA. (434) 244-7800)
Tasting of local cheese and various meats.
- The Whiskey Jar (227 W. Main St. (434) 202-1549)
Fried chicken and collard greens, tasting of local Hard Cider.
- The Spice Diva (410 W. Main St, Charlottesville, VA. (434)218-DIVA(3482))
The freshest spices, organic teas, beans, grains, oils, and vinegar. Take home some wonderful spices.
- Gearhart’s Fine Chocolate (243-B Ridge McIntire Rd, Charlottesville, VA.)
Two flavors of fine chocolate.
Where to meet
A tour guide will meet you at the Visitor’s Center at 610 E Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22902. The tour will end at a different location, but you will be given instructions on how to get back to the parking area.